Manuscripts, oral history and pictures catalogue
Adlib Internet Server 5

Details



Print
421439
  • Title
    Hyde Park looking toward Liverpool St., 1870
  • Call number
    SPF/892
  • Level of description
    item
  • Date

    1870 [ca. late 1870s]
  • Type of material
  • Reference code
    421439
  • Issue Copy
    Digitised
  • Physical Description
    Photographs - 6.6 x 9.5 cm. - albumen photoprint
  • Scope and Content
    Looking toward Unitarian Chapel (centre) and Hyde Park Terrace (right) Liverpool Street
  • General note

    The first Unitarian Chapel (1853) was in Macquarie Street. The foundation stone for a new chapel in Liverpool Street was laid in 1873. The building was not finished until 1879 and was destroyed by fire in 1936.
    References: `The Unitarian Church at Sydney' / Walter H. Burgess in: Transactions of the Unitarian Historical Society. London, Lindsey Press, 1928. Vol IV Part 2.
    The Unitarian Church in NSW (Sydney Unitarian Church) -- Online, July 2002
    Another photograph held at SPF/892a
    Digital order no:a089892
    This item has been catalogued and digitised under a project funded and supported by the State Library of New South Wales Foundation, 2001.
  • Signatures / Inscriptions

    Titled and dated in ink below image
  • Topic
  • Place
  • Open Rosetta viewer

View Media Files

Share this result by email