Manuscripts, oral history and pictures catalogue
Adlib Internet Server 5
We have released a preview of our new catalogue which is ready for your testing and feedback. Start exploring now ›

Details



Print
421270
  • Title
    [Macquarie Lighthouse, Vaucluse N.S.W. : old and new side-by-side]
  • Call number
    SPF/1014
  • Level of description
    item
  • Date

    [1884]
  • Type of material
  • Reference code
    421270
  • Issue Copy
    Digitised
  • Physical Description
    Photographs - 29.7 x 24.1 cm. - albumen photoprint
  • Copying Conditions
    Out of copyright: Created before 1955
  • General note

    Dated from the NSW Government Printing Office collection of copy negatives (Frame no. GPO 1 - 06112)
    The building of the first lighthouse `Macquarie Tower' (Francis Greenway, architect) began in 1816 and was completed in 1818. In 1881, the construction of a new lighthouse (James Barnet, architect), 12ft away from the original, commenced. It was completed in 1883. -- Reference: Australian Heritage Commission : Register of the National Estate database, Jun 2002
    Digital order no:a325014
    This item has been catalogued and digitised under a project funded and supported by the State Library of New South Wales Foundation, 2001.
  • Topic
  • Place

View Media Files

2.

Share this result by email